Friday, 4 October 2013

Bound buttonholes part 1

Small rectangles of fusible interfacing were used to stabilise the areas on the right front piece (shown) and the cuffs.  I do not own pinking shears but I did not want a ridge to show through to the front side of the jacket so I cut a zig zagged edge using embroidery sissors.

button hole windows were marked at 1/8th inch longer than actual buttons.  Lips were 1/8 th inch wide, making the whole window 1/4 inch wide.

I am going to leave finishing the buttonholes until tomorrow morning when I am fresher as I do not want any mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment