Tuesday 1 October 2013

Muslin #2

This time I went with a 100% plain cotton quilting fabric - the seams did not pucker anywhere near as much but it creases fairly easily.

In this muslin my adjustments were:

- more FBA
- lengthed at waist another 5mm
- lifted shoulder and armhole 1 inch rather than the 5/8ths in the previous muslin.
- brought the shoulder to sleeve seam in 1/2 - 3/4 of inch over top of shoulder and around the back of the jacket, and this seemed to solve the extra under arm fabric problem.

Photos are terrible - I really need to invest in a better camera.  Also the jacket is not hanging straight in the front photo - due to the lack of a sleeve (I hope)

After three days of making muslins and alterations I am pretty satisfied with this and ready to mark out the final pattern and cut the silk organza a fashion fabric.  Yay !!!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment